How to Attract More Social Media Followers for B2C Businesses: Part 2
Attract More Social Media Followers on Instagram
Last week we talked about how to increase Facebook followers, but today we’re going to focus on one of the newest social media platforms that cutting-edge businesses are flocking to: Instagram. Arguably one of the most aesthetically pleasing social media platforms, Instagram allows users to post photos, and businesses are using it to showcase their products and services in a creative light. This platform is certainly more appropriate for businesses to connect to consumers rather than other businesses, so what’s the secret to gaining followers? Here are some quick tips to get the job done:
- Make sure your profile has a clear and appropriate profile picture, name, and description. Also make sure to add your website in your description for increased traffic to your site.
- Create a post on your other social media platforms telling them about your new Instagram profile and inviting them to follow you.
- Use hashtags on all your photos. This is how viewers can find your photos in Instagram’s search engine. Try to think of what your target audience is searching for, and, of course, make sure your hashtags are relevant to your photos. This will help them find you and follow you.
- Post only quality photos. It may be tempting to post a somewhat blurry or pixelated photo just so you have one posted, but fight the urge. You really only want quality photos of your business showing up on your profile as users will only want to follow quality pics.
- Post a variety of photos. Post photos of your products and services as well as behind-the-scenes photos of your business. For example, you can post a photo of you making your bakery’s donuts. Fans want to see these types of photos and they’ll follow you for that intimate look into your business.
- When appropriate, add your location. Then, when people are looking at other users’ photos and go to that place you’ve tagged, they’ll see photos from everyone else that tagged that location in their pictures, including yours.
- Link your Intagram to you Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ accounts. This will automatically post your photos to these accounts and allow your fans on these accounts to be led back to your Instagram account, resulting in more followers.
- Post your photos on Pinterest. As of now, there’s no way to do this directly from Instagram, but you can simply upload the pin using the URL on Instagram. This will also allow those clock on the pin to be led back to your Instagram photo. (Note: you will have to go to your desktop to get the URL.)
- Respond to fans’ comments. This may not be as feasible once your Instagram followers and comments become large, but it’s definitely important to do this as often as possible.
- Add an Instagram icon to your emails and website for greater traffic to your profile. You can even include your latest Instagram photos in your emails.
- Run a contest on Instagram. Require guests to tag you in their photos or post pictures of them using your product or services. If your prize is good, fans will do it, which will allow all their followers to see their photos of your products and services.
Instagram is one of the most exciting and addicting social media platforms for consumers, so putting connecting to them using via your Instagram account can increase your customer base.
Stay tuned for next week’s post on how to increase your Twitter followers!