How to Attract More Social Media Followers for B2C Businesses: Part 3
Earlier in this series I talked about how to increase followers on Facebook and Instagram, and today I’m going to talk about another social media mogul: Twitter. Like Facebook, Twitter is one of the leading social media platforms on the Internet with 54 million users according to the Wall Street Journal. So how can a business use this platform to connect and market to as many people as possible? Follow these easy tips to attract more social media followers:
- Use hashtags. Just like Instagram, hashtags are attached to posts so users can find them when they search for certain keywords. You can find trending hashtags in the “Trends” widget to the left of your Twitter page, or you can create your own.
- Follow others. Follow businesses you do business with or businesses similar to yours. They might just follow back.
- Post often. Research has shown that those who tweet more often have more followers. So tweet away! Use a platform like HootSuite to schedule posts in advance to make it easier to post more often.
- Retweet others’ posts. They’ll be more likely to return the favor, which will allow your post and profile to be seen by all their followers. This can lead to more followers for you.
- Respond to those who “Tweet at you,” meaning they mention you in a post. This show you’re active on Twitter and care about your followers.
- Invite customers to follow you. Have a link in your email blasts and an icon with your twitter name on your direct mailing materials. Also have a link on your website.
- Run a contest. Give away something good and require people to follow you on Twitter or retweet one of your posts.
- Post inspiration quotes, occasionally. Users are more likely to engage in these types of posts and enjoy retweeting them.
For more information on how to increase your Twitter followers, check out this great article, called “How to Dramatically Increase Your Twitter Followers,” by Dorie Clark on Forbes.com.
Make sure to tune into our final installment in the series, which will focus on increasing followers on LinkedIn. Keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, and our blog for more great social media marketing tips.